Inside the Gx model.
Replacement parts for this camera are nearly impossible to source. This camera had severe impact damage so I had to completely dissemble it. One of the cams was hitting the side of the focus rail and this prevented full movements. I still needed a new focus knob and the one on the GX is really long so that it can accommodate the battery
After waiting weeks to hear back from my parts guys and Rollei DHW/ US Rollei, I decided to install a smaller axle and focus cams from an F model (LOTS OF WORK, BUT IT FITS!!). I used the focus panel/ knob and parts from a Rolleiflex T. The T has built in infinity stops that the other models with the DOF indicator lacked. The smaller axle was compatible with the T’s lower profile knob and parts. The new focus knob works perfectly. In my opinion, it looks much better the the longer plastic knob that the GX comes with. I’ll post more photos of the modifications in the coming weeks.
The camera was missing the circuit board for the meter so I removed all of the remaining electronics. I still kept the hot shoe and pc connections intact.